Today’s human resources professionals are more than just professionals in their field, they are consultants, communicators, offer providers and problem-solving specialists. This course is a continuation of the “Skills of Dealing with Others for Professionals in Human Resources” course. The competencies gained in the previous course will develop, but will add considerable value even if they are taken separately.
What Will I Learn?
- Explain the importance of emotional intelligence to human resource experts and apply simple techniques to develop emotional intelligence
- Practice balanced, well-designed public discourse with ease and confidence after learning how to deal with speech anxiety and subjecting its effects
- Describe the differences between influence and persuasion, and use best practices in applying them in cases related to the nature of human resources work
- Apply creative problem solving techniques that help them make the right decisions at work
- Include key differences between finance and accounting
- Use various budgeting techniques and apply them immediately in HR scenarios