Photovoltaic Systems Design Course aims at providing the trainees with the
knowledge and skills needed to understand the principles of the design and
operation of the various PV systems and to perform engineering calculations
related to these systems. The trainees will first familiarize themselves with
the basics and applications of photovoltaic systems, as well as light and solar
radiation, and then learn how to do engineering design and choose different
solar and photovoltaic systems. The trainees will also learn the technology of
photovoltaic cells, silicon and equivalent circuits of solar cells, so that
they are qualified to calculate and estimate the electrical loads, the power of
the photoelectric system and the identification of power units.
What Will I Learn?
- Understand the principles of design and operation of various PV systems and carry out engineering calculations related to these systems.
- Learn about the basics and applications of photovoltaic systems, as well as light and solar radiation.
- Identify the environmental impact of non-renewable energy systems, the phenomenon of global warming and different alternative energy systems, as well as identify the photon energy and solar radiation in space, on the surface of the earth and on the horizontal and diagonal surface.
- Identify the methods of installation, operation and maintenance of solar panels and study the various factors that affect the productivity of these panels.
- Study the types of different applications of PV systems, their components and their delivery methods such as: systems connected with the grid, off-grid systems, water pumps and street lighting systems.
- Analysis and study of maintenance procedures and periodic preventive maintenance requirements.