The course aims at providing the trainees with the necessary skills to learn about the methods of installation, operation and maintenance of the solar panels and studying the different factors that affect the productivity of these panels and studying the types of different applications of the PV systems and their components and methods of delivery such as: systems connected with the grid and systems separated from Off-grid, water pump systems and street lighting systems. Trainees will learn about the effect of shadow on the work of solar panels, application of photovoltaic space calculations, the principle of the operation of the transformer and the power unit, inverter and battery types, types of charging organizations, grounding systems and protection and insulation systems for fixed and recessed currents and calculations.
What Will I Learn?
- Understand the principles of design and operation of various PV systems and carry out engineering calculations related to these systems.
- Learn about the basics and applications of photovoltaic systems, as well as light and solar radiation.
- Identify the environmental impact of non-renewable energy systems, the phenomenon of global warming and different alternative energy systems, as well as identify the photon energy and solar radiation in space, on the surface of the earth and on the horizontal and diagonal surface.
- Identify the methods of installation, operation and maintenance of solar panels and study the various factors that affect the productivity of these panels.
- Study the types of different applications of PV systems, their components and their delivery methods such as: systems connected with the grid, off-grid systems, water pumps and street lighting systems.
- Analysis and study of maintenance procedures and periodic preventive maintenance requirements.