Supply chain management (SCM) is one of the most important processes in
enterprises because it has a great impact on business and customer
service, but supply chain management is not an easy process due to the
dynamic nature of many factors.
This course will discuss several best practices in supply chain
management and solutions, to help participants deal with different
scenarios, and to ensure continuity of material flow at the lowest
What Will I Learn?
- Describe the objectives and functions of supply chain management (inventory control, procurement, warehousing and distribution) and explain how they relate to each other
- Classification of the inventory based on the ABC classification model
- Calculate the future demand for various inventory items
- Determination of ROP, EOQ and SS for different inventory items
- Apply basic purchasing processes and appropriately use the terms of international trade
- Identify best practices in warehouses to maintain accurate inventory records
- Mention various transportation functions and costs